“To support the co-operation of member REALTORS® in the service to and protection of the public in the trading of real estate.”
The Guelph & District Association of REALTORS® (more commonly known by the acronym “GDAR”) is a not-for-profit Organization whose mandate is to develop and maintain a set of professional standards that ensure the public is protected throughout the real estate transaction.
The Guelph Real Estate Board began as a co-operative in December 1959. From its start in the former Murphy & McDougall real estate office to its current home since 1974 at 400 Woolwich Street the organization has continued to grow and now encompasses all of Wellington County including Drayton, Ariss, Teviotdale, Campbellville and Rockwood. The Organizations name change in 1966 to the Guelph & District Real Estate Board reflects this growth.
Changing with the Times
September of 2008 marked the groups renaming to The Guelph & District Association of REALTORS® a change that emphasizes the importance of property owners partnering with registered REALTORS® while a person registered to sell real estate is known as “registrant”, only a person who is a member of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) may be called a REALTOR® this designation speaks to the persons commitment to follow the guidelines established by these organizations.